Having to breakup is definitely a sad point in any relationship. It is usually the breaking point of a happy partnership, usually caused by some minor issues that can actually be solved. However, they can also be caused by some pent-up problems just brewing for a long time but them exploded and got everyone hurt. But if the case is the first one, knowing the right things to say can actually make all the problems go away.
So to help you guys who is seeking to rekindle a past love, you should keep these simple tips in mind:
1. Sorry is not enough. Or at least just saying it isn’t. Only saying you’re sorry after you have broken up with your girlfriend is probably the biggest mistake you can commit. If you think those words along can fix your relationship, then you are sadly mistaken. You also need to show her that you are apologetic and want her back. Try to work for her forgiveness.
2. Listen to her. This is probably a tough task for many guys. But actually hearing out what your girlfriend has to say and understanding them will definitely help you get her forgiveness. She will let you know what you did wrong so you can work on them. This will also give you a chance to open up to her and let her know how you feel. This way, you can show her that you have really changed and you are more than willing to give the relationship a second chance.
3. Avoid bad language. This is not limited to just saying bad words to her. If you really want to get your ex-girlfriend back, you should also avoid the blame game. As much as possible, try to be the listener to avoid any further problems. You should also avoid shouting or raising your voice as this doesn’t really help in your cause. If you want to say something, say it nicely.
4. Never put her down. When trying to get back with an ex, this is a common mistake many men commit. Be civilized when talking to your ex. Avoid telling her that she is wrong and you are right, especially if things start getting out of hand. Never discuss past issues, especially petty ones, that may sound like you are attacking her as a person. Avoid negativity at all cost.
5. When telling her things, try being more sweet and gentle. It may not be your style, but you can certainly bag some “Hallmark” tricks that you can surprise her with. Most of the time, they work.
There are a lot of things you can do to get your ex-girlfriend back. And one of these things is talking to her properly. Girls like to talk, so you need to listen. If you do this, you will be on your way back to happiness that you once felt with your true love.